CBRmade are hosting another Etsy Made Local market – yay!
Our winter makers market will be at the Budawang Pavilion at Exhibition Park in Canberra on 9 May 2020.
With Mothers Day on 10 May, it’s the perfect opportunity to find a thoughtful handmade gift, or to spend time with the mother figure in your life.
How do I apply?
- To apply for a stall to sell handmade products or shelf-stable food or drinks, use the stallholder form.
- To apply for a stall to sell fresh food or drinks, use the fresh food/drink vendor form.
- If you’d be interested in busking at our market, or if you’d like to help us with our charity collections, please touch base via our contact form.
When do applications close?
- 23 March.
Is there a Facebook event?
- Yes! RSVP to our Facebook event to help us spread the word.
Do I have to sell on Etsy to have a stall?
- No, but creating an Etsy account is free and encouraged.
How much is a stall?
- Stall prices will vary depending on size, configuration and what you sell.
- A standard 3×3 stall for handmade items starts at $220.
- A standard 3×3 (or similar) stall to sell fresh food or drinks starts at $300.
- If you require power at your stall, this will be an additional cost.
- More details about stall prices are available via the application form.
What can I sell?
Stall applications will be considered for:
- locally made products
- locally designed products
- fresh food
- fresh drinks
You must have any applicable permits and licences for any product you intend to sell at our markets.
What insurance do I need?
- If accepted as a stallholder, you will nee $20 million public liability insurance.
Do I need to have an ABN?
When is bump-in?
- Bump-in will be available on the day before the market, and the morning of the market. We’ll provide details to successful applicants closer to the date of the market.
What charities are you supporting this time?
- Stay tuned for announcements!
How many stalls will there be?
- There will be approximately 120 stalls at our winter market.
Is it only people from Canberra?
- Applications from businesses based in or near Canberra will receive preference.
- Applications from businesses based in regional NSW will be considered.
- Businesses based in other major cities will only be considered if they are selling a unique item not already on offer, and/or if space allows.
How will you select who gets in?
Several considerations will be made when selecting the winter market stall lineup.
- if you were a stallholder at EML November 2019
- your location
- what you sell
- the uniqueness of what you sell
- the quality of what you sell
- your contribution to the CBRmade community.
We will limit the number of each stall type to ensure an even distribution of products. For example, we will only accept a certain number of jewellery stalls, candle stalls, soap stalls, etc.
This is to avoid the “Ugh, it’s just all JEWELLERY!” factor.
How many people came to your last market?
We had around 100 stallholders and over 7000 people attend our CBRmade Etsy Made Local market in November 2019.
Feedback from stallholders and customers was very positive.
Aren’t there enough Canberra markets already?
We know there are other hugely successful markets in Canberra where people go to sell their amazing handmade products.
The gap that we want to fill is the spotlight on local talent. We want Canberrans to buy products made in Canberra, from other Canberrans.
We are building a supportive community where we build each other up to succeed.
And that’s what makes us different.